Small Business Legal Services
Expert legal advice is essential for success in business and preventing costly troubles that can ruin an enterprise. At our brief advice Legal Clinics, LegalCORPS volunteer lawyers provide no-charge, 30-minute consultations to lend a hand to low-income entrepreneurs as they start and grow their business.
- First and third Thursdays of each month
- Appointment schedule: 11:00 am, 11:30 am, noon and 12:30 pm.
- Location: Strategic Partnership Center, 424 N. Riverfront Dr, Ste 200, Mankato
Legal issues facing an entrepreneur may include:
- Choice of legal form of organization, and formation of (for-profit) organization
- Duties owners/partners owe to each other
- Risk management
- Contracts and commercial leases
- Employment policies
- Real estate leases, acquisition and taxes
- Director duties and internal organization
- Commercial debtor/creditor rights and options
- Government regulation
- Other legal issues not involving participation in litigation